The Cornwall Manufacturers Group is a convenient means of exchange of information, experience and opinion between Members on matters affecting the interests of their companies, their employees and manufacturing industry in Cornwall.
- A channel of communication between Members of the Group to Cornwall Council, the Cornwall Development Company, the Local Enterprise Partnership and other appropriate organisations including central government departments.
- Members can ask the Secretary for small amounts of research work or to help them contact companies or organisations that could help them.
- Members can request topics for discussion or presentation at the meetings. Previous topics for speakers have included environmental legislation and support; employment legislation; transport developments in Cornwall; the impact of Convergence on the manufacturing sector; help for manufacturers from the government; help for training.
- Human Resources, Health & Safety, Export and Environmental sub groups sharing best practice and information leading to great improvements for companies practically and financially.
- A link with other manufacturing groups allowing access to a wider pool of experience and information.
- Access to training schemes, funding and help identify training needs.
- Much of the benefit derived from the Group is through the informal interactions and networking between members. Company presentations and factory tours are a great way of picking up new ideas which have lead to significant financial savings for some companies.
- The Group attends and supports the Cornwall Business Awards at St Mellion in May and also hosts its own Cornwall Manufacturers Awards in November.
Membership of the Group shall be open to manufacturing companies in Cornwall on criteria agreed by the members. An application for membership will be considered by the officers on the basis of the criteria existing at the time of the application. Those criteria will include but not be confined to the number of employees, the turnover, the reputation of the applicant both in general and in terms of quality, and the outlook of the applicant in particular to trading outside of Cornwall.
For full membership criteria please see the constitution below.