The Cornwall Manufacturers Group came into existence in 2012 with the addition of sme manufacturers to the Cornwall Manufacturers Forum of the largest manufacturing companies in Cornwall. Many different sectors from agricultural machinery to medical equipment are covered but what unites the group is that they can be loosely classified as being in Engineering.
- To provide a convenient means of exchange of information, experience and opinion between Members on matters affecting the interests of their companies, their employees and the manufacturing industry in Cornwall.
- To encourage and assist the development of manufacturing in Cornwall.
- To provide a channel of communication between members of the Group, the local authorities and other appropriate organisations particularly the Local Enterprise Partnership.
- Discrete lobbying on issues that affect manufacturing in Cornwall.
- Identify funding opportunities specific to the manufacturing sector.
The Group is made up of Chief Executives and General Managers or equivalent and meets at least four times a year. Meetings usually have a relevant guest speaker and light refreshment. The Group is supported by a secretary who organises the meetings and also sends members hopefully interesting and informative material. All communication is by email wherever possible. The Group has an annually elected Chair and Vice-Chair who oversee the meetings and help co-ordinate the Group activity.
We currently have 35 paid members, details of which can be found on the homepage. Membership is by invitation only. Please see our Membership Page for more information.
For more in depth information about the group and its contribution to Manufacturing in Cornwall please see Group Contribution in Documents.